So, you know that Ebates is my favorite website for saving money, but my (close) second favorite site is Swag Bucks. I’ve been a member of Swag Bucks since the beginning of October 2010, and I’ve earned ***Updated *** $500 in Amazon.com Gift Cards for free, with just a little effort. Seriously, just a tiny bit.
Winning Swag Bucks allows you to use those points to purchase items in the Swag Store. The best bang for your buck is the $5 Amazon.com Gift Card at 450 Swag Bucks. You can only get 5 like items a month, so that’s a possible $300 in Amazon.com Cash per year FOR FREE if you max out every month.
Today, I’m going to give you some tips on how to make the most of Swag Bucks in order to get your FREE Amazon Money too.
First and foremost, Swag Bucks is a search engine. Like Google, you can search for anything and everything. Unlike Google, you get Swag Bucks for random searches throughout the day; usually 4 times a day, separated by a few hours. This is by far the easiest way to earn Swag Bucks, and you’ll win between 7-12 per search. I search in the early morning, just after lunch, early evening and once before bed. You don’t always win on the first search, but keep trying, spell things wrong and take their suggestions, look at different pages of results, go to a page and then hit the back button. After a while, you’ll see it’s kind of predictable when you win. There have been more instances recently of people winning 22, 32, and even 49 per search. Fridays are Mega Swag Bucks Day, where it’s likely you’ll get higher SB for searches. I haven’t really seen it, but there’s the possibility! Make sure you do your 4 searches each day for maximum bucks!!
Other ways to win Swag Bucks:
- Daily 4: Take the Daily Poll (1), Follow the Path on the NOSO (skip everything, enter the Captcha Puzzle – get 2), Invite a Friend (1), Download the Toolbar and earn 1 SB every day! The toolbar is totally safe, and gives you a quick way to remember to do your searches and earn you bucks. You can search Swag Bucks right from the toolbar.
- Complete the Profile Quizzes on the Trusted Survey Page: As a new member, you need to fill out these profiles so that they can get surveys that you will qualify for. These profiles are worth 100 or more Swag Bucks, so it’s a good idea to do them when you are a newbie.
- Qualify and Complete a Survey: These seem to be more rare as you use Swag Bucks more, but every once in a while I qualify. You can win 50-200 SB depending on the survey. I once took a survey, got SB, and the company called me for a focus group where I earned $100 cash for 45 minutes of giving my opinions. Sweet! You also get 1 Swagbuck for each survey that you don’t qualify for, up to 6 per day. I complete 1 or 2 surveys every few days.
- Daily Deals: There are select Daily Deal sites on the Daily Deals button. Purchasing these deals puts you well on the way to getting your Amazon Gift Cards! You can click on any deal from the Daily Deal page, and then go to any city and buy a different, even for ones that aren’t listed on your Daily Deal page.
- Swag Bucks TV: You can earn a max of 75 SB a day using SBTV. If you have the toolbar, the easiest way to do it is click on the Watch SBTV button, and it will bring up a little screen that you can push down in the right corner of your screen and hit mute on your computer. You have to click on each video, but after 10 videos, you get 3 SB. I like the E! Channel. The videos are short, about 1 min a piece. I can let it run while I’m blogging!
- Special Offers: These are things that you can do to earn SB, but I don’t do many of them. Some of them I think are shady. I generally will do the ones that only require you to like something on Facebook, because after it credits I can unlike it, and I’ve earned 15 SB fairly quickly. If you have a junk e-mail address, you can rack up a lot of SB by signing up for email blasts.
- Codes: These are my favorite. Swag Bucks puts out Swag Codes at random times throughout the day. These codes get you anything between 4 and sometimes 20 SB at a time. There’s usually one in the afternoon after lunch, but not always. You’re not supposed to tell people what the code is; you’re supposed to hunt for it. There are spoiler sites out there, but you aren’t supposed to use them. You can check my Swag Bucks Swidget here on the blog (that black box on the right with my total in it) to see if there’s an active code. Click the Swag Code button. ***Update – I’ve been trying to keep you posted of active codes on the Stacy’s Savings Facebook Fan Page!
- Tasks: These are jobs that you can do to earn some major bucks. They take some major time.
- Coupons: You can print coupons from Swag Bucks, and you get 10 SB for each redeemed coupon. It takes about 12 weeks to get credited. It’s kind of annoying.
- Referrals: When you have a friend sign up through your link, you get matched for their search wins up to 1,000 Swag Bucks.
See, there are lots of ways to earn Swag Bucks. This looks like a lot, but it really doesn’t take very long. If you do your Daily Points when you do your first search, you can be done in 10 minutes. I try to earn just over 100 Swag Bucks a day. I can do this without referral matches by doing the items above. I always make sure I get my Search Wins and do my Daily Points every day.
Check the Swag Bucks Facebook Page for hints and clues. There, you’ll see if people have won doubles (won on 2 searches), triples (3 winning searchs), quads (4 searches awarded), or even quints (rare). Usually you won’t win doubles or triples unless someone else has, so it’s useless to search until its confirmed on Facebook that there are multiple wins per day. You can usually win right after midnight too. The Facebook Page is also good for hints on Special Offers that are easy and when codes are out (lots of “thanks for the code” comments.
You can only get 2 like items from the Swag Store each day, and 5 like items each month. So if you’re like me, and you only want the $5 Amazon.com Cards, keep earning your Swag Bucks and roll them to the next month. Right now, I’ve got enough saved for 3 $5 Amazon.com Cards in March!
Swag Bucks is great, because you can get Amazon.com money for free with just a little effort, and pay for all of your Christmas presents or use them to get free diapers! What could you do with $300 in Amazon.com money that you got for free? I’m saving mine for Cricut Scrapbooking tools and Thomas Trains. I even used mine last year to buy a TV!
Sign up today and start your searches!!