FREE Apps for Making Money With Your Smartphone or Tablet!
If you have a smartphone or tablet, then you know that there’s an app for everything. This is also true in the world of frugal living. A Smartphone can be an excellent tool in your money-saving arsenal.
While this isn’t a comprehensive list by any means, I’ve collected some of my favorite apps that I use and keep in my special Coupons/Rewards folder of my iPhone/iPad. The best thing about these apps is that THEY ARE ALL FREE!!!
- Ibotta – a free app for your smart phone that pays you cash for learning about your favorite products and then buying them in the store. No points or credits – real cash. You can earn up to $20 each time you go shopping. Select your offers, increase the value by sharing or completing quick activities, then upload your receipt. Get bonus money for referring your friends and completing challenges!! I’ve earned $49.50 in cash since I’ve been using Ibotta! Get $10 in bonus opportunities when you sign up!
- Checkout 51 – free app that pays you cash back for buying groceries. Upload your receipt when you buy items that are current offers, and get a check when you reach $20!
- Receipt Hog – free app that rewards you for scanning receipts from grocery trips. Any store that sells grocery products is eligible, including Wholesale Clubs & Drug Stores, and it doesn’t matter what you buy! Get a set number of points for a range of dollars spent per trip. You can also get a “spin” of the slot machine to get more points. If you submit one receipt per week for 5 weeks in a row, you go “Hog Wild”, where you get 1 spin for every receipt you enter. Redeem your points for FREE Amazon & Starbucks Gift Cards!
- Shopkick – check in with the Shopkick app when you shop at participating stores to rack up “Kickbucks”. Some stores have bonus kickbucks. There are also exclusive mobile coupons and offers for some stores, like Target, and you can scan specific items for more bucks. Redeem for free mobile Gift Cards to places like Target, CVS, iTunes and more. They even have FREE $2 Target Gift Cards from time to time!
- Shopmium – free app that earns you cash back by PayPal after each redemption! Purchase items, snap your receipt, and get the cash deposited into your PayPal account within a day or two. Use the code GYAKAAQK to get a FREE Lindt Chocolate Bar!
- Favado – See the best deals from your local grocery stores in one place so you can compare deals! Also tells you where the coupons are!
- BerryCart – Redeem offers for buying organic grocery items you buy everyday to earn FREE cash & Gift Cards!
- Shrink – Redeem offers for buying grocery items you buy everyday to earn FREE cash & Gift Cards!
- Punchcard – free app that rewards you for scanning ANY receipt. Create punch cards for any store, scan your receipt (one per store per day), and collect points. The 6th punch for each store is worth double points. Each punch earns you a spin of the wheel where you can earn more points or even $1 Amazon Gift Cards! Collect your points for a prize drawing with prizes including Gas Gift Cards, and Gift Cards from Amazon, Starbucks, Gap and More! Points reset on Mondays. This one isn’t a sure thing, because it’s for a drawing, but it’s nice to get $1 Amazon Gift Cards a few times a week.
- Viggle – Check into TV shows and earn points. Redeem points for Gift Cards to CVS, Starbucks, Amazon and more! If you have DirectTV, you can rack up major points fast! Stacy’s Savings Reader Shannon is a HUGE Viggler, and earns enough FREE Gift Cards from this app to get fancy electronics like tablets, DSLR Cameras, and Laptops for FREE! If you’re watching TV anyway, you might as well check in!
- Swagbucks Apps – Earn tons of Swagbucks on the go! There are several different Swagbucks Apps to earn money On The Go!
- iRazoo – Earn iRazoo points on the go! Use code TNNUDK when you sign up!
- GrabPoints – Earn points to get free gift cards. Use code 2JEI427 when you sign up!
- SavingStar – Activate offers before you shop & make sure you have the correct qualifying items while in the store! Digital offers that you get Paypal Cash or Amazon Gift Cards for redeeming at the store. You can use paper coupons too for a stack! Extra Savings!
- PerkTV – Watch ads & Videos to earn points for Free Cash & Gift Cards!
- WeUseCoupons – mobile version of the popular couponing forum. Great for finding or clarifying deals on the go. Fantastic CVS forum!
- AFullCup – mobile version of the popular couponing forum.
- CVS Pharmacy – store your ExtraCare card here (some red machines can read them), see coupons and offers linked to your ExtraCare Card, send coupons to your card, and see your spending balances. You can do other stuff, like shop, track prescriptions, etc, but I just use it for the ExtraCare stuff.
- Kroger Co. – add eCoupons to your card & see which ones are already on your card. I can add them while I’m shopping in the store, and they come off when I check out.
- Tom Thumb (Safeway) – Add Just4U savings to your card on the go.
- Coupons.com – Print coupons from your iPhone. You can print 2 per computer, and you can print 2 per iPhone! Also an iPad app for 2 more prints!
- Wrapp – Send Gift Cards to your friends. Wrapp sometimes has FREE $5 gift cards to stores like Sephora, Gap, H&M and more.
- CheckPoints – Similar to Shopkick. If you’d like, please use my referral code: StacyLynn624, and we both get extra points!
- Cellfire Mobile Coupons – Add eCoupons to your shoppers card. Mostly items that come in your General Mills insert (Pillsbury, Cheerios, etc)
- RedLaser – Scan the Bar Code of any item, and see prices online and at nearby stores to make sure you are getting the best price!
- Key Ring – Scan all of your shoppers cards into this handy app and finally be able to close your wallet! This app changed my life! It also has coupons to stores that you have shoppers cards for, like Staples & Michaels.
Like I said, this is not a complete list; there are new apps being developed every day. For example, there’s a Walgreens app, but you know I don’t really shop there.
Lately, I’ve been keeping them all on my iPad, because it’s just easier. They take up a lot of space. One way to make sure they don’t slow your phone down is to make sure you hard close the apps when you’re finished using them.
For more ways to earn money from home, check out my Make Money Page!
Do you use an app that I haven’t listed? Let me know about it! Leave a comment below! Maybe with all of this extra savings, you can finally afford your cell phone bill, or justify an upgrade! Happy Shopping & Saving!
Here’s an image to Pin for later:
Some links include referral codes. Use them if you wish or download apps from your app store. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more information.