Swagbucks: How Does It Work?
So, you know that Ebates is my favorite website for saving money, but my (close) second favorite site is Swag Bucks. I’ve been a member of Swag Bucks since the beginning of October 2010, and I’ve earned ***Updated *** $1,075 in Amazon.com Gift Cards for free, with just a little effort. Seriously, just a tiny bit!
Winning Swag Bucks allows you to use those points to purchase prizes and Gift Cards in the Swag Store. The best bang for your buck is the $5 Amazon.com Gift Card at 450 Swag Bucks. There are also gift cards to other stores, like CVS, Target, iTunes and others, as well as higher denominations, and the amounts per month are unlimited, but they cost more than 450 per each $5 card. If you want your points to go further, the $5 Amazon Card is your best bet! You can only get 5 Amazon Gift Cards a month, so that’s a possible $300 in Amazon.com Cash per year FOR FREE if you max out every month.
Today, I’m going to give you some tips on how to make the most of Swag Bucks in order to get your FREE Amazon Money too.
First and foremost, Swag Bucks is a search engine. Like Google, you can search for anything and everything. Unlike Google, you get Swag Bucks for random searches throughout the day; usually 4 times a day, separated by a few hours. This is by far the easiest way to earn Swag Bucks, and you’ll win between 7-12 per search. I search in the early morning, just after lunch, early evening and once before bed. You don’t always win on the first search, but keep trying, spell things wrong and take their suggestions, look at different pages of results, go to a page and then hit the back button. After a while, you’ll see it’s kind of predictable when and how you win. There have been more instances recently of people winning 22, 32, and even 49 per search. Fridays are Mega Swag Bucks Day, where it’s likely you’ll get higher SB for searches. I haven’t really seen it, but there’s the possibility! Make sure you do your 4 searches each day for maximum bucks!!
Other ways to win Swag Bucks:
- Daily 4: Take the Daily Poll (1), Follow the Path on the NOSO (skip everything, enter the Captcha Puzzle – get 2), Download the Toolbar and earn 1 SB every day when you open your browser! The toolbar is totally safe, and gives you a quick way to remember to do your searches and earn you bucks. You can search Swag Bucks right from the toolbar.
- Complete the Profile Quizzes on the Trusted Survey Page: As a new member, you need to fill out these profiles so that they can get surveys that you will qualify for. These profiles are worth 100 or more Swag Bucks, so it’s a good idea to do them when you are a newbie.
- Qualify and Complete a Survey: You can win 50-200 SB depending on the survey. I once took a survey, got SB, and the company called me for a focus group where I earned $100 cash for 45 minutes of giving my opinions. Sweet! You also get 1 Swagbuck for each survey that you don’t qualify for, up to 6 per day. I can usually complete one survey each day.
- Swag Bucks TV: You can earn a max of 75 SB a day using SBTV. If you have the toolbar, the easiest way to do it is click on the Watch SBTV button, and it will bring up a little screen that you can push down in the right corner of your screen and hit mute on your computer. You have to click on each video, but after 10 videos, you get 3 SB. You can only get credit for watching each video once per day. So you can’t just keep watching the same one video.
- Special Offers: These are things that you can do to earn SB, but I don’t do many of them. Some of them I think are shady. I generally will do the ones that only require you to like something on Facebook, because after it credits I can unlike it, and I’ve earned 15 SB fairly quickly. If you have a junk e-mail address, you can rack up a lot of SB by signing up for email blasts and doing insurance offers. There are also easy, low point videos to watch on the Special Offers page. You can purchase Groupons under the Trial Pay Tab. Just click on Local Deals.
- Codes: These are my favorite. Swag Bucks puts out Swag Codes at random times throughout the day. When you find one, you enter it by clicking on the gear icon at the top right of the screen, next to your swagbucks total. These codes get you anything between 4 and sometimes 20 SB at a time. There’s usually one in the afternoon after lunch, but not always.
You’re not supposed to tell people what the code is; you’re supposed to hunt for it.***UPDATE*** You can now tell people what the code is!! Yay!!! If you find one, share it on your Facebook wall, Twitter, Text it, whatever! You can check my Swag Bucks Swidget here on the blog (that black box on the right with my total in it) to see if there’s an active code. Click the Swag Code button. I’ve been trying to keep you posted of active codes on the Stacy’s Savings Facebook Fan Page! There’s also a Swidget on the Facebook Page under the Rewards Programs Tab.
- Tasks: These are jobs that you can do to earn some major bucks. They take some major time.
- Coupons: You can print coupons from Swag Bucks, and you get 10 SB for each redeemed coupon. It takes about 12 weeks to get credited. It’s kind of annoying, but it’s really nice when that credit pops up in your ledger!
- Referrals: When you have a friend sign up through your link, you get matched for their search wins up to 1,000 Swag Bucks.
Swagbucks also has a Daily Goal Meter. This meter at the top left of the page shows you how many swagbucks you need to earn. If you hit the goal, you get a bonus of 10% of the goal. So if the goal is 90 SB, and you get 96, you’ll get a bonus of 9 SB for that day. If you get the goal every day for 7 days straight, you’ll get a 25 SB bonus! There’s more for if you do it 14 days straight, 21 days straight and for the entire month. All bonuses are paid out early the following month.
See, there are lots of ways to earn Swag Bucks. This looks like a lot, but it really doesn’t take very long. If you do your Daily Points when you do your first search, you can be done in 10 minutes. I try to get the bonus each day. I can do this without referral matches by doing the items above. I always make sure I get my Search Wins and do my Daily Points every day. It’s all about getting into a routine.
Check the Swag Bucks Facebook Page for hints and clues. There, you’ll see if people have won doubles (won on 2 searches), triples (3 winning searchs), quads (4 searches awarded), or even quints (rare). Usually you won’t win doubles or triples unless someone else has, so it’s useless to search until its confirmed on Facebook that there are multiple wins per day. You can usually win right after midnight too. The Facebook Page is also good for hints on Special Offers that are easy and when codes are out (lots of “thanks for the code” comments).
You can only get 2 like items from the Swag Store each day. So if you’re like me, and you only want the $5 Amazon.com Cards, keep earning your Swag Bucks and roll them to the next month. Right now, I’ve got enough saved for all of my August and September $5 Amazon.com Cards!
Swag Bucks is great, because you can get Amazon.com money for free with just a little effort, and pay for all of your Christmas presents or use them to get free diapers! What could you do with $300 in Amazon.com money that you got for free? I’ve used mine to buy all of this stuff: Samsung 40-Inch LED TV, Euroflex Monster Steam Mop, and a Cricut Expression and 2 Cartridges, over $250 worth of Baby Gear, Murad Acne Complex Kit 60 day supply, Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel, MASH Professional 15 piece Nail Art Brush Kit Set, Beautyblender, The Ultimate MakeUp Sponge Applicator, 2 sponges., SET of 10 Nail Tape Stripe Decoration Sticker Hologram, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, Fisher-Price Little People Zoo Talkers Animal Sounds Zoo Train, O.P.I Limited Edition Germany Collection Nail Lacquer, Every Month is Oktoberfest, about $200 worth of Thomas Wooden Railway Toys, a Kindle Book, Adobe Photoshop Elements 11, Cloth Diaper Covers, and Itzy Ritzy Snack Bags!
Sign up today and start your searches!!
Ebates – How Does It Work?
I think Ebates might just be my favorite site. After all, their slogan is “Where It Pays to Shop Online.” What’s not to like! I’ve been a member since June 2008, and I absolutely love it! I’ve received almost $1,900 in quarterly cash back payments, just for buying things I would normally buy. Who doesn’t like money?
My friend Blakely told me about Ebates that June. I was skeptical. I thought it was a scam. I thought it would spam me. She assured me that it wouldn’t. I signed up that month, and I started shopping. I just bought things that I would normally buy, like wedding presents, birthday presents, Christmas presents, clothes; little things here and there. Each quarter, checks were coming in!
How Ebates works is simple; they are a web portal. You go to here, sign up, then search for the store where you want to order something. Let’s choose Old Navy for 2% cash back. I click on the Old Navy link, and a new window pops up telling me that they are taking me to the Old Navy website.
The website I want pops up, and I start shopping! Everything is just like normal. It’s the normal Old Navy website, everything is in the regular place, I can even pay with my regular credit cards. As long as I complete my transaction while on that website, I earn my cash back. At the end of each quarter, Ebates calculates how much cash back you’ve earned in that period, and they write you a check for that amount. Checks are mailed on the 15th of February, May, August, and November for the previous quarter’s cash back amount. That’s it! Super easy right?
You can get a FREE $10 Gift Card to stores like Target, Home Depot, Kohls and more just for signing up and making your first purchase!
Ebates has over 1200 stores; places you’ve heard of and new stores to try out! Each store has a different cash back percentage. Sometimes, Ebates has promotional deals where they raise the cash back for a period of time. They always have a theme where several stores are raised and sometimes doubled or tripled! There’s also a Daily Double; one store where they double the cash back for one day only. A while ago, the Daily Double was Old Navy. Instead of doubling the normal 2%, they did a 20% cash back day! Guess who placed an order?
I’ve been known to purchase gift cards through Ebates to places like Home Depot or Crate & Barrel, and then use those gift cards on planned purchases in the store. That way, I can still shop in the store, but I also get my cash back! You can also do this to budget for a large purchase. For instance, we needed a piece of furniture for under our TV. I found one at Crate & Barrel. I went to Ebates, found Crate & Barrel, and purchased gift cards every time we got paid. When I had enough in gift cards to purchase the console, I went back through Ebates, back to Crate & Barrel, and purchased my furniture! I got my cash back for each gift card, plus the cash back for the console!! That cash back pretty much paid for the tax and shipping on the order! ***This doesn’t work for all stores, and they are cracking down on where this works. Check the Gift Cards category on the left and make sure you check the exclusions for each store on their Coupons Page.***
You can also earn extra cash back by referring your friends. This is the real reason I’m writing this post! You get $5 for each referral that signs up and makes a $20 purchase. Occasionally, they have a special deal where if you refer 3 or more new users, you get $30, or if you refer 500 users, you get an iPad. I’m lucky if I have one or two each quarter. You should be my next referral so I can thank YOU very much!
Ebates is a great website where you can earn money just by doing what you normally do anyway, buy stuff online! There’s no spam, there’s no scam, just cash back! It makes checking the mailbox fun again! Sign up today to start earning and get your FREE $10 Gift Card!!