Well, we’re moved in! At least all of our stuff is here…somewhere. We’ve been trying to get things put away while we tackle some major fixes around the house.
This house is a complete fixer upper. It’s a 19 year old house, and it hasn’t been very well taken care of and never updated. Plus, its covered in golden oak & brass everywhere. Yuck! Its our job to fix it up and make it the best house on the street!
Yes, that’s a powder room covered in Golf Tee Wallpaper with a Golf Ball Border. Be very jealous…
In the future, I’m going to show you different projects as I go, but we had a week with the keys before the movers came and a HUGE list of fixes that all happened at the same time, and several of them involved contractors and not DIY. What did we get done?
- Added 5 piers under the foundation <—-Not DIY!
- Painted all of the common areas and master bedroom. Also had a ceiling painted in one room.
- Repaired texture in 3 rooms.
- Painted all trim (baseboards, crown molding, window/door casings, stair spindles/newels/1 stair runner/mantle) white.
- Fixed a big list of plumbing issues.
- Painted the Garage Floor with Epoxy – DIY (post to come!)
- Replaced 2 Garage Doors & 2 Garage Door Openers.
- Removed a large built in Entertainment Unit – DIY
- Removed Chair Rail Molding from Formal Dining Room – DIY
- Had 2 new Fire Doors & 9 new interior doors hung & trimmed.
- Installed new doorknobs on some of the doors – DIY
- Installed recessed outlets behind furniture DIY
- Had TVs installed on wall (no visible cords!)
- Installed a new cooktop – DIY
See, we’ve been busy. Here’s a sneak peek (sorry for the crappy iPhone pic)!
So much better!
That’s not even all. The first night we were moved in, I went to take a shower, and the water from my shower was coming up from the drain of the downstairs guest bath. We can’t use our master shower or tub (there’s a leak, so we’re going to gut that and update it. I’m just about to pick a contractor to get that project started), so that means we had 3 showers and couldn’t use them. Nice. After a couple of days of going back and forth with the Home Warranty Company, we had our main line snaked and it appears to be ok…for now.
We’re still pretty busy and have a lot of things to do on our list in the next couple of weeks (pool resurfacing, master bathroom remodel, back yard landscape cleanup) but hopefully, I’ll be able to have my first few project posts up for you next week! I’ve taken a ton of pictures! Plus, I plan on resuming my shopping trips soon. I haven’t been to the grocery yet (we’ve been scrounging and a A LOT of eating out – my jeans fit again!), but I plan on hitting up that Target cleaning supply sale this week.
By the way, my nails look like, well, let’s just say they look really bad. When my new Target X-Bench comes (stay tuned for the hack!), I’m going to sit down and give myself a manicure with some of my treatments, because I now have a makeup vanity! I didn’t have that in the last house, so I’m pretty excited about it!
Thanks for sticking around while I’ve been away! I can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on!
See all of the Stacy’s Savings Total Home Makeover posts here!